What a nice surprise I had today when I found out that I had been nominated for a beautiful blogger award. Since I am so new to blogging I didn't really think very many people actually read my blog. Part of me was a little amazed to find out that not only are people reading but they actually like my blog as well. Well in order to accept my award I have to follow a few rules so here they are:
Here is the lovely button and here are the rules...
To accept this award, here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award. Thank you, Marguerite!
2. Paste the award on your blog (over there on my sidebar, I want that one to hang around for a little while).
3. Link to the person who nominated you.
4. Tell 7 interesting things about yourself (see below)
5. Nominate 7 or 8 blogs (see below)
6. Post links to those 7 blogs (see below)
Well lets see now I have completed steps 1-3. 7 interesting facts about me that might be a bit of a challenge but I'm willing to try.
1. I LOVE polka dots. Any polka dots though I find I don't wear them very often or really even have much stuff with polka dots on them. And yet every time I see things with polka dots I think how much I like them.
2. I played the alto sax in the band all through junior and high school. I only picked that instrument because it was what my brother wanted to play and he got stuck playing the clarinet first. Truthfully I always wanted to play the flute.
3. I took dance lessons for 12 years but I'm not sure I ever really liked it. Don't kill me mom I'm sure I had a lot of fun sometimes.
4. I have always wanted to run a summer camp and I am still convinced that someday I will though I have no idea how I will get there.
5. I was a girl scout and I even earned my Silver Star. The second highest honor you can get in girl scouts. I like to think of it as equivalent to the Eagle Scout since they only have one level and not two.
6. I started scrapbooking before I found my love for quilting and I can still almost immediately pick out some of my favorite scrapbook designers fabrics even if I have never seen it before. I worked in a scrapbook store for a while and would spend hours at a time just staring at paper. I imagine that is what it would be like to work in a fabric store now.
7. My favorite type of food is Sushi. When we lived in Charlottesville the sushi chef knew me by name and always made me freebies. Once Kenny (the Sushi chef) left to go home to China to take care of his mother I stopped going to the restaurant. It just wasn't the same. No all Sushi is not created equal.
Now for the hard part. I am suppose to nominate 7 blogs that I admire. I have been stalking quilting blogs for over a year now and there are a ton out there that I really like. But having to nominate someone for an award really made me think long and hard. I was so surprised to have been nominated myself that I wasn't sure how to go about selecting seven fellow bloggers for the honor. So here is my list in no particular order. Some of these lovely ladies have been blogging for a long time and some are pretty new. All of them are creative and I appreciate that they are willing to share their talents and lives with me as I read along.