This is where I am going to break away from the original instructions a bit as well. Since her quilt along was already finished when I started my quilt and I had access to all of the blocks I didn't go in the same order. I wanted to be able to put large chunks of this quilt together as I went-patience is not something I am very good at. Because of this I worked my way across the top of the quilt first.
|The first section I put together|
Here you can see the first section I assembled for the quilt. Since I was working this way-I skipped around and made a bunch of different blocks. I also didn't include all of the original blocks. I had trouble with one or two and couldn't get them to turn out right-instead of getting frustrated I just took them out of my quilt. Remember you have control and can be as creative as you want with this one.
|This is the width of the entire quilt.|
I believe there are a total of 6 nine patches in the original instructions there are 18 in my quilt. I found those blocks to be super easy filler and I liked the way that it allowed me to use blocks to fill more space instead of just using the squares I talked about earlier. So go ahead start working on some nine patches and I'll be back soon with more instructions.