I've been doing a good amount of sewing this week so I am excited to have several projects to share with you guys. First up though I should tell you about this crazy challenge I accepted. As I was starting yet another project in Bonnie & Camille fabrics using one of Camille's patterns from her second Craftsy class one of my friends commented that I was going to run out of things of their to make. Of course in my wackadoodle mind all I heard was "CHALLENGE" to which I replied Challenge Accepted. I thought I already had a pretty good start anyway. I mean I've made things out of all but one line of theirs to date. But then I started looking up Camille's patterns and man there are a lot of them. I made a handy dandy spreadsheet to help me keep track.
The good news is I have a couple of friends over on Instagram who have made this an unofficial personal goal as well. This means I have some good company and motivators to keep me going. So the Juggle Quilt is the one that got this started. Since I was so thrilled with the way my Snow Blossoms Quilt turned out using something other than White or Snow I decided to mix it up again and use the orange solid from the Scrumptious line with these hexagons from Happy Go Lucky. Let me tell you, in theory this quilt is pretty easy. But those pieced hexagons are stretchy and they seem to be giving me a hard time when it comes to matching up the seams for the rows. Everything looks good and then one of those completely throws me off.
So to avoid total frustration on Sunday because sewing with a headache is never fun I picked back up my Turning Twenty Again blocks and made a little more progress on those. I finished up all of the individual units that make up the blocks but I am still working on sewing the blocks together.
I posted this photo on Instagram on Sunday. The plastic pieces in the picture are part of one of my plastic storage bins that got broken. Between that, the headache, and the two broken needles it was probably good that I put away the Juggle Quilt. I'm at the half way point on it so I don't think it will take me too long to finish it up but its one of those projects I'll have to work on when I have a little extra patience.
And last but not least, Abby started an impromptu Jelly Filled Quilt Along over on Instagram. Well since that is one of the patterns on my challenge list and it does have the promise of being a pretty quick finish I decided to take that one on with the quilt along. Something about sewing in a group is always so motivational. Tuesday night I broke out the Sherbet Pips Jelly Roll I'd been hoarding (since before yardage was available) and matched up my pairs. I made a test block to start with because everyone seems to measure precuts a little different and I wanted to make sure I was accurate before cutting all the pieces. That one test block quickly grew to three. I'm excited to get to work sewing up the rest of these blocks. I'm thinking it might be the perfect winter quilt for my niece who will be joining the family in September. That is if I can actually part with it.
Okay head on over to Lee's and see what everyone else is up to this week.