Thursday, June 7, 2012

Summer Sorbet

I finished up the summer sorbet quilt this morning around 12:30am and it is being delivered tonight along with meals to my boss.  She wasn't feeling up to a visit so I just sent it along.  I know she will love and appreciate it and I hope she finds strength in its warmth.  You can read more about the quilt and it's story here.


Summer Sorbet Quilt

Summer Sorbet Front

It is quilted in an all over circle pattern.  I think they look more like tennis balls because of the way the circles loop back into themselves before transitioning on to the next.  But I was hoping it would not only tie in with the circles on the minky back but that it would also soften all of the sharp angles in the blocks on the front.

Close up of the quilting.


Front and Back of Summer Sorbet

 I used couture cotton in raspberry for the binding.  This new solid is super silky and it was really easy to hand sew as binding.  I can see more of this solid in my future for sure.  I love the way it frames out the quilt, balances with the bright colors in both the front and back, and ties it all together.



1 comment:

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.