Saturday, March 27, 2010

Stalking the Mail Carrier?

I'm with Ruth, there is something magical about a visit home. I usually talk to my mother everyday as I drive home from work. Sometimes it is about important stuff and sometimes about nothing at all. And while my parents only live about an hour away I really don't get to see them all that often. Well this last week I have missed my daily conversations with my mom because she has been down in TX on her own magical visit home. But my mom called me today for the airport just to let me know I hadn't updated my blog and she needed something to read while she waits for the plane. Sorry mom while you've been gone, I've been busy stalking the mail carrier. See March was my month to send out fabrics for the Bee-Stitched bee and the Fussy Cut bee and everyday I've been fighting with my husband over checking the mail so I can see if I have any new bee blocks.



These are the blocks that I have gotten back for the fussy cut bee so far. My original plan with this quilt was to randomly place the log cabin squares in a sea of white. Inspired by this quilt of Ashley's I thought it would look nice with this type of block as well. Now seeing how many blocks I have and how widely they vary I am thinking about just sewing them all together with no sashing or anything and just letting them run one into the next so you can't tell where one stops and the next one starts. I still have more of these blocks coming so either way it is going to be a pretty big quilt.


Of course these pretty little numbers from the Bee Stitched Bee can't get here fast enough. After seeing these pictures of Rita's and Corey's I knew I wanted one of my own. It's looks like a lot of you feel the same way because I have seen this block popping up as inspiration and the requested block all over the Bee Block page. I have recently found a love of gray though and I thought this would be the perfect quilt to showcase that. I am so happy with the results so far. Every time a bee member post one of these to the group pool I have to fight the urge to jump up and down like a two year old. Well I am off to attempt something new that I just can't seem to get out of my head. I'll tell you about that project after I figure out if it is going to be a success or a total disaster. Also up on the sewing table are Spider Web bee blocks, paper pieced blocks for Kristian (guess I can't put those off any longer) and I need to make a sample block and lock in my choice for April in the Modern Tradition Bee. Seeing as how fabric needs to go out next week it should be a good challenge. Hope you enjoy your weekend and have fun creating.

3 comments:

  1. Fun! I love your blocks from the other bee as well. Your blocks from the Fussy Cut are all really different, but I love the idea from your inspiration quilt as well. I like the randomness of it. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't read your blog in awhile, thanks for the reminder on your flickr pic! Can't wait to see all your blocks for the March quilt all together, can you take a group shot? You should have mine soon, I mailed it Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I can't blame you for stalking the mailbox. These are so pretty. I love all those log cabins.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.