Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pinwheels Week 3

So the hum of the sewing machine has been pretty absent around here for about two weeks now. While I did a little bit of sewing two weeks ago after the quilt show and a few stitches here and there in between for the most part I have been feeling the anxiety of being away from my machine for to long. So tonight after dinner I sat down determined to finish up the week 3 pinwheels for the sampler I am doing with Rachel over at P.S. I Quilt. It is amazing to me that simple blocks can sometimes be the hardest. I am loving the combination of the buttery yellow with the hunky dory and I am glad that I decided not to use white. But I have been struggling a bit with the bulky seams and getting a good match on all of my points. They aren't all as crisp as I would like. I think this might be my favorite block so far. Because I love the way it is a pinwheel hiding inside of a star and this blue combination is really neat to me. I have a feeling I am going to need to get some more of this fabric line soon. Shh don't tell my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.