Friday, January 22, 2010

Thinking about Stars

Don't you love blogland? I see so many exciting projects out there that my friends are making and there is a ton of inspiration all around. Recently I came across a post on Rachel's blog for a pinwheel sampler quilt along (be sure to check out the link over there on the sidebar) and it really made me think what other types of blocks would look great in a sampler type block.

Two of the quilt bees that I joined this year are pick your own and I'm thinking a lot about stars. There are so many beautiful blocks made with stars. I think that unifying them by using the same fabric might look nice. This one is very intimidating but it might be my favorite to date.

What do you think? Do you have a favorite star block? Do you think a quilt made of this type of variety would look good, silly, or even bad? I'd love to hear your thoughts.



1 comment:

  1. Love the block with the wirlygig in the middle of it. Sadly I have no suggestions for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.