Wednesday, April 30, 2014

WIP Wednesday

If you follow me over on Instagram then you already know I spent some time last week getting started on my Snow Blossoms quilt.  If you want to sew along use the #snowblossomsalong over on Instagram.  I'd love to see your quilts as well.  I tried something a little different for me with this one and chose a solid other than snow.  I know shocking!  I'll admit when the art gallery tender green first arrived I worried it was a little too mint to match the Nordika fabrics.  But once I had my first block together I was sold.


I love that it is just a little different from what you might expect.  Every block I make quickly becomes my new favorite.  These blocks are fairly easy to make-they do involve that stitch and flip method that I LOVE so much.  It's still not my favorite thing in the world but at this size it's not too bad.  I have a few points that aren't perfect but overall I'm happy with the way it is coming along.





I have my first 5 blocks done but that might be it for me for a little while.  I had to take a pause from this quilt to make up some backings so I could get a few more finishes checked off the list.  I'm sending off 3 different quilts to be quilted by a long arm.  So backing making was in full force at my house the last few days.  All 3 of these quilts are related to Bonnie & Camille somehow-either through the use of one of their patterns, fabrics, or both.  It looked like a regular old Bonnie & Camille party at my house the other night.


That's it for me head on over to Lee's to see what everyone else is up to this week.

2 comments:

  1. I'm visiting from WIP Wednesday :-) Your blocks are great and not too minty at all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors! They go together so well, but aren't too "matchy matchy"

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.