Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Little Circle Love

When Ruth first told us that for her month of the Bee Stitched Bee she wanted blocks that featured triangles and circles I immediately thought of this block because it features both. She sent along a great collection of fabrics from the timber and hope valley lines in blues and grays. With my new found love of gray I thought her selection was amazing to say the least. I completed one of the blocks right away and decided it would work well as my triangle block. Truthfully I think I still has pinwheels on the brain from the pinwheel quilt along.


Then I procrastinated and before you know it two of those blocks popped up in the flickr pool. Of course I wanted to be sure that Ruth had enough variety so I scrapped my plans to make that block. Then I freaked out a little. Man a circle block with no raw edged what am I going to do. Leanne suggested that I do a dresden plate but I wasn't to sure about those pointed tips. In the end I listened to my friend because I mean lets face it she makes some of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. But I did forgot the points after seeing this, I thought it would be okay. Hopefully Ruth will love the blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.