As I mentioned before I spent a good part of the weekend trying to catch up on bee blocks. While I was at it I also managed to get these double pinwheel blocks done which aren't actually due until the end of May but I've had the fabric for a few weeks and thought they were for April. Well no harm in being a little bit ahead of the game with at least one block right.
Here's what I learned. I love the second block (the one on the left) I made because the dark as just a small part in the center really helps the eye focus on the double pinwheel. I'm not as thrilled about the first one. I think the dark as a larger part of the block takes away from the block a bit and the two pinks side by side looses a little bit of the impact. The cutting instructions on this one were a bit odd too in that they called for you to cut things at 3/8 and 1/4 and random places on the ruler I never use. I think if I had to do it over I would round up my measurements and then trim down the four squares before sewing the whole block together. I guess it is good I learned something because I am planning on making this block for my pinwheel quilt along quilt as well. I almost have the top done but more on that later.