Wednesday, January 18, 2012

WIP Wednesday

How is it already Wednesday again?  You would think that the three day weekend would have helped but the truth is I just feel that much more behind.  I did make some progress this week though.  I finished piecing my Loulouith Tiles Quilt.


This quilt has really been a lot harder than I expected.  I did a few things different from Rachel's suggested pattern.  I increased my size to a queen because I wanted it to be big enough for my bed.  Rachel suggested adding a row to the top and side but I found I actually needed to work them both in to the height to get to the queen size I wanted since the width was already there.  I worked in one of my extra rows in the middle and the other at the top.  So far I am happy with the way this one is coming together.  I just need to piece a small strip for the back and then this one will be off to the long arm.


I'm still not sure if I'll had some hand stitches in those picture frames or not.  Anyone have any thoughts on that?  I think it would look good but I picked up my backing fabric on sale and it even though it is from the same line the fabric does not appear in the front of the quilt and I'm not sure it would look good with the hand stitches.


My fabric came in for my Sunny Trails Quilt I just needed the white fabric still so I am picking that project back up to work on.  I don't think it will be much longer before that one is ready to go to the quilter as well.  Now for this one I do plan to have it quilted all over by the long arm and then I will go back in and add some hand stitches so it will be a nice combination of the two.  I like the idea of hand quilting but I'm a little afraid of it as well.  Quilts around my house take a lot of beating between washes and dogs so I need them to hold up and I'm just afraid a little hand quilting won't last.

Sorry for the iphone photo but my camera died.


Finally I am working on getting my center pieced for the Awesome Rawsome Round Robin Group.  It is a spin off of the Old Red Barn Quilt Along group and I am super excited about this project.  Since I'm not participating in any bees this year I wanted something to do with a small community of quilters and this seemed like a good idea.  As the top goes around my group each person will add a round.  I plan to add more to this before sending it off to the next person.  Think braid and mini weather vane blocks, hopefully I can pull it off.

Be sure to head over to Lee's to see what everyone else is up to this week.

4 comments:

  1. your bed quilt is beautiful! those prints are so colorful, have fun quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really love your Loulouith Tiles quilt top. It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great showcase for those beautiful prints!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to be in on a project such as this

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.