Sunday, January 8, 2012

The List Part II

2011 Finished Quilts
So I've been thinking more about these quilty goals for 2012 and while 12 quilts seems like a lot I realized that my list did not include a lot of growth.  I'd really like this year to be as much about quality as it is about quantity so that means learning some new skills.  So I've been giving a lot of thought to what I want to learn in 2012 and what opportunities are out there that can help make that happen.
  1. So obviously the big one is Sewing Summit.  I'd love to attend but since it is in Salt Lake City again this year I'm not sure how reasonable that will be.  It is the weekend of my birthday but I already started pricing plane tickets and the cheapest I could find even this far in advance was 400 bucks round trip.  So the budget is probably going to rule that one out for me but I can always keep looking and who knows maybe it will work out.
  2. Learn to embroider.  I was planning on learning this is 2011 by following along with Corey and her birdie stitches quilt along but I never got started and ended up not following through on this one.  Maybe this year I will have better luck.
  3. Curves-I'd really like to learn to sew curves.  Rachel is gearing up for a curves class over at Stitched in Color and I am seriously considering joining in.  Right now though I am trying to weigh my options.  I'm not sure I would be able to keep up with a project a week and if I can't finish them then I won't know what I'm doing wrong or what questions I should be asking so it seems like it would be kind of silly.
  4. Paper Piecing-this one scares me a lot but I am determined that I need to learn this skill.  There are so many projects I have missed out on because I don't know how to do this.  So I need to learn for sure.  Besides there are some amazing blocks out there that can only be made through paper piecing.
  5. Quilt Along-I'd really like to cohost a quilt along this year.  I've been toying with some patterns but I'm not sure I have the time or the following to warrant hosting a quilt along.  I was lucky to participate in some great quilt alongs last year hosted by multiple bloggers and I am hoping I might get the chance to work on one myself this year.
  6. Tutorials-I'd like to share a few tutorials here.  I'm starting to dabble with creating some original blocks and patterns and I'd love to share them here.  Still working out in my own mind what's worth sharing and what someone might be interested in so there's that.  What would you like to see?

So what new skills do you want to learn in 2012?  What are you excited about out there?  Is there anything you just can't wait to participate in?  I'd love to hear them maybe it will encourage me to expand my list a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.