Wednesday, January 4, 2012

WIP Wednesday

So the lovely Lee is once again hosting WIP Wednesday and I thought I'd better get started again so I could maintain some sort of schedule.  I don't have as much going on in my sewing room as I would like these days.  I know I'm never going to reach that goal of 12 quilts if I don't get busy but there has been a lot of adjustment going on here.  But that's a whole other story.

I am making progress on my Sunny Trails quilt.  I have 11 out of the 20 16 patches sewn together.  So that is pretty good progress there.  I imagine I will have the rest finished this week, although Wednesday did sneak up on me a lot faster than I expected it too.  Hopefully the rest of the week won't go by too quickly.

16 Patches Sewn Together

I've been spending a lot of time online searching for the perfect center square for a new project I'm doing this year.  Some of the members of the Old Red Barn Quilt Along Group have branched off and are doing round/row robins.  I am part of the group doing the round robin and I am super excited to try it out.  It's a lot like a bee I guess except we get to make whatever we want and at the end you have a finished quilt top and not just a bunch of squares.  I figured it would be a fun way to meet some new friends and get to know some other ones better.  I'm just having a really hard time deciding what parameters I want to set for my quilt top.

Stack of Farmer's Wife Blocks
Other than that I've been making a little progress on my Farmer's Wife Quilt Along Blocks.  The Quilt Along isn't starting back up until February but I needed to make a few blocks to get back on track with the group so I am sewing away on those.  More details on those blocks later.

Be Sure to head over to Lee's and link up your WIP's.  I always love seeing what everyone else is up too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.