Wednesday, January 11, 2012

WIP Wednesday

With all the craziness that has been going on here I haven't been doing as much sewing as I would like so I don't have a ton of things to share this week.  I am at a stopping point on my Sunny Trails Quilt because I have to order some Bella White but once I do that I plan on finishing up that quilt top pretty quickly.

In the mean time I started work on my Loulouthi Tiles Quilt.  This quilt so far has not been what I expected.  There were some hiccups with cutting followed by some frustration in layout but now that I have it all worked out and on a chart I am making steady progress on this one.  This quilt is a little different for me because it is put together in sections rather than in rows.  It's a fun challenge making sure you put the sections together in the right order and then that you connect them the right way.  Since I snapped this photo a few days ago I have completed another section.  But it's dark and rainy here so no updated photo.  Sorry for the bad iphone photo as well.  But that's all I had on hand when snapping the picture.


This one is going to be a massive queen size quilt for my bed.  Not sure yet about the quilting.  I do plan to do a little hand stitching around the large blocks as Rachel suggested but probably before I make my quilt sandwich and then I will probably have the rest of it quilted on the long arm.  Anyone have any experience with this?  Or thoughts?


Be sure to head on over to Lee's to see what everyone else is up to this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.