Saturday, February 26, 2011

Quilt Show Bounty


So here is a look at the things I picked up this weekend at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Show.  Overall I have to say that this year was a little disappointing.  There were not very many quilts on display as most of the room was taken up by Vendors.  And I love vendors don't get me wrong but there were a lot of jewelry and other odd ball vendors that didn't really seem to fit in with my idea of a quilt show.  Maybe it's just me but I would rather see more quilts.  I did however manage to snag some goodies from a few of the vendors who were selling fabric and other sewing related items.  3 Yards of Swells (with this and a little help from my friend in Canada I think my Swell Quilt will be a hit), a Fat Quarter Bundle of Bliss Flannel (after using it to back a baby quilt I knew i needed more), Verna Jelly Roll, Central Park Jelly Roll (20% off, deal!), Fandango Layer Cake, a couple of fat quarters of shot cotton I've been wanting to play with.  Then some miscellaneous sewing room must, new pins, bobbin washers, a seam ripper, and needles. Oh and that big yellow thing in the back is a "Twister" Ruler my mom and I got to try out. I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.