Friday, February 25, 2011

Mid Atlantic Quilt Show



This weekend is the Mid-Atlantic quilt show and I am so excited.  My mom and I have made a tradition of going to this show every year for the last 3 years now and it is really what brought me back to wanting to quilt.  It's great to have something in common like quilting with my mom because it's something we can do together.  Since I'm super excited about the quilt show I thought I'd share some photos I've taken over the last few years at the show.  But I have to apologize now that I don't know who made these quilts because before I knew the importance of such things I just snapped pictures. 



There are a ton of teeny tiny pieces in this one.  But I love the way it looks like real flowers.


I think this one was called the Pride of Texas or something like that.  It was amazing and I don't know if you can see it in the photo but there is even some pretty impressive bead work on this one.


Hexagons might be all the rage right now but remember the yo yo?  This quilt is nothing but yo-yo's.  And I love how the colors cross between the the sections too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.