Wednesday, March 5, 2014

WIP Wednesday

Blocks 12 & 13

It's hard to believe that it is Wednesday already.  A little more crazy weather here in the south had me home from work early on Monday.  Why is it that naps and sewing seem so much sweeter during business hours.  I think it might be the guilty pleasure of knowing that you really should be working but just don't have to.  I was surprisingly productive during my extra time at home despite the nap.  I managed to finish up 3 more APQ blocks in addition to the 2 I made over the weekend bringing my total to 16.  That leaves me just 4 more blocks to go.  I'm hoping to have this quilt top finished up before I leave for Bolivia.  It might be stretching it just a bit but goals are good.


Blocks 14 & 15

Block 16

My hubs also helped me add a little organization to the sewing space.  I share with our guest bedroom and it's a little tight.  In the past I have just kept my rulers on the floor but I've been a little worried about them getting broken.  More than once I may have stepped on the edge of one and though oh no.  Luckily I have not broken any.  So after seeing my mom's peg board for storage recently I knew that was the answer.  The hubs stuck this together for me and even painted it the same aqua as my shelf while I was out of town for work.  It works wonderfully for holding the rulers and I am sure I will continue to fill it up with all kinds of things.


I also got two baby quilts back from the long arm quilter this week.  So I managed to get the binding sewn down on one before work (we had a 2 hour delay) Tuesday.  I'm hoping to have it hand sewn in time for Finish it Up Friday.  I guess that's it for me this week-be sure to head over to Lee's and see what everyone else is up to this week.

Early Morning Binding

6 comments:

  1. Love your Burgoyne Surounded blocks. You are a precision piecer. Hope you have a nice time in Bolivia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've used some stunning fabrics in your blocks. It's going to be a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty APQ blocks! Gives me motivation to work on mine some more when I see the pretty pictures floating around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Bourgogne Surrounded blocks are fantastic! I love the fabrics you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are coming along nicely! I love the fabrics you are using! :)

    Would love for you to stop by and link this up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
    -Lindsey
    Fabric Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.