|One of my Favorite Blocks|
While I was gone Bertha took a little trip to the sewing machine spa. I missed her annual check up last year and while I didn't notice anything wrong with her she sure sounds happier now that she is back. Before I took her in I was having a problem with my thread breaking sometimes when sewing but I just assumed it was me-now I realize it was probably a tension issue. I'm happy to have her back home and happy because we have already spent a lot of quality time together.
|Row 1 sewn together|
The first project I worked on was my APQ Quilt Along. I needed to make 2 more blocks and after asking all of you over on Instagram about the possibility of having 4 red blocks in the middle everyone encouraged me to go random. I sort of listened. I did end up putting those blocks with the red x's in the four corners but it doesn't really stand out as much as a design element that way.
I also listed when everyone told me to go without the sashing. I understand now how smart the designer was to include it. While I really like the way these blocks look without it-matching up some of these seams really was a bear. Especially where those little 1 inch squares come together. In the end I think it is well worth it but I think the sashing would have made the construction a little easier.
|Finished Quilt Top|
I used Scrumptious by Bonnie & Camille for the fabric and the pattern is from the APQ Magazine. If you are on Instagram check out the #apqquiltalong for lots of photos and to see how everyone interpreted this same pattern. I love the variety, some are very scrappy like the original, some are all made from one fabric line like mine, and others are a nice mix of both. It's so interesting to see how the same pattern can look so differently when made up in different fabrics.