Wednesday, October 16, 2013

WIP Wednesday

So after my big push last week to get the top of Sunny Trails sewn together I ended up not doing much more sewing.  I did cut pieces for my Swell quilt bases on a pattern in Camille's book but I didn't start sewing yet.

I'm kind of stuck on this one.  I really like the panel-it was inspired by this postage stamp quilt.  And I ordered my panel not long after specifically to use with this Swell fabric but it has just been sitting waiting.  And now I feel stuck.  I didn't realize the inside of this quilt was so small.  The pattern in the book calls for adding 3 boarders but I don't really like the thought of that with this panel.  To me it feels like it's just too much going on in such a small space.  Of course there is no way I will find more Swell fabric.  I'm thinking about just making it a baby quilt but I don't really need anymore baby quilts sitting around.  These would be number 3 in just the last few months.

What would you do?  Make it a baby quilt?  Add the boarders?  Any other creative solutions?

Also up this week I have had a cold, a dentist appoint-terrified by the way so it was a big deal, and a birthday.

Head on over to Lee's to see what everyone else is up to.

PS-My mom and dad got me a beautiful set of Nordika Fat Quarters for my birthday so I'm already plotting what I want to make.  I've seen some beautiful patterns made out of it and my brain is already on overload to find the perfect one.

5 comments:

  1. I like the crosses in the quilt above. I might just add one border and leave the panel where it is... The panel is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would do the 3 borders (not sure what style the pattern calls for) but make the first border a thinner (1.5 or 2 inch max) solid color, the middle border a pieced border using some of the postage stamp peices, and another solid colored border. Maybe, I don't know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the crosses.
    Mhm, if you don´t want to add fabric from another line what about white? You could switch out some of the colorful crosses to crosses from a white fabric and use the "safed" crosses on the outside instead of a border. Hope I can explain what I mean, by using white -or another neutral- you could somehow elongate the amount of existing fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would find some coordinating solids that you can use to make more "pluses". If you intersperse the solids pluses with the printed pluses, you could make the quilt bigger without adding borders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have extra Swell for you if you want ...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.