Saturday, October 5, 2013

Not So Sunny Trails

My birthday is in a little over a week and for some reason for the last few years I have freaked out about getting another year older.  Maybe it's because things are different then I expected them to be not bad just different.  Maybe it's because I start obsessing about all the things I still want to accomplish.  At any rate I tend to freak out.  Part of this years freak out has included this overwhelming need to finish outstanding projects.  I don't know why-maybe because I feel like I can't start new projects until some of the old ones are finished.

One of those projects that has been lingering around is my Sunny Trails quilt.  It's hard to believe I first started sewing these blocks back in 2011.  Sometimes I am amazed at just how long things have been sitting around unfinished.  I really thought this one was no more than a year old but in searching for the original post I found it in January 2011.  I started this quilt such a long time ago and unfortunately it has those stupid stitch and flip blocks in it and mine don't seem to be lining up.  I think that is one of the reasons I put this away to start with.  But now I have about half of the blocks made so I am sure I can finish this.


I think one of the hardest things is to pick up a project you worked on a long time ago.  As your skills improve you know these blocks aren't great.  But I love these fabrics and this pattern so I am just making it work.  Hopefully the quilting will make it a little less obvious and it won't be all bumpy lumpy.

1 comment:

  1. I understand exactly what you mean on both counts .... the birthdays and the old projects. I've gotten so I like to ignore birthdays because I'm amazed at how fast they come now and how little I've accomplished in between. What?? ANOTHER year older?? I don't really have any old unfinished projects around but when I think back to quilts I've gifted to people I want to somehow remake them with my newer skillz.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.