Monday, April 29, 2013

Swoon Lovin'

Slow and steady, okay not really cut as fast as you can so you can get some stitches sewn in between the madness.  That about sums it up for me.  But I still love my Swoon Quilt and it has been a huge help having all of the white background pieces cut.  Saturday after my quilt guild meeting I was able to make one block.  I think this is my favorite one yet.


I mean how can you not love that sweet little flower.  Lucky for me since I got this quilt as a kit from my parents that is also the fabric that was included for the backing.  I know you can't see it through the computer but big happy smile on my face there.  Then on Sunday I really really really needed to do some cleaning so in my haste to cut out a second block I cut some pieces twice and not enough of another.  It was a hot mess but in the end it works and I wonder how many of you even noticed not all of the squares are cut running the same way on the fabric.


So that brings my grand total to 6 down and 3 to go.  I love the way they are looking all together.  Funny story though.  My dad did help me cut out one of the blocks and the first thing I said was I want to make the middle red so it will be the opposite of the other one.  Of course we cut and then I pieced and went duh we cut this backwards but it's okay because it is still a pretty block.

The two red and gray are made with different fabrics they just look the same here.

So I'm still in LOVE with my Swoon quilt.  Have you got the bug yet?  Did you make one?  Did you see this scrappy version?  I missed it to start with but someone in my guild told me about it.  I have to say if I didn't have a backing kit for this quilt I would be making this for the other side.  But now I am thinking it would make a perfect reverse to my Complications quilt.  So many ideas so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.