Monday, April 15, 2013

Progress or Distraction

So this weekend I had grand plans to sew because I needed to make a pillow for a swap for my Modern Quilt Guild and a bag I plan to make for the Sew Sew Modern Swap.  Of course I went to the local quilt store on Friday during my lunch hour only to find out they had nothing that I needed.  My partner in the pillow swap wants something Quiltconish (I know not a real word) and in a store that carries every Kona solid you can name and has a very small modern quilt presence can you believe they were out of every color I needed except School Bus.  Not even Medium Gray or Coal on the shelves.

At any rate I decided to just order what I needed online but of course that means I didn't have the fabrics in time to sew for this weekend.  The bag, well I could have worked on the bag but sometimes swaps make me crazy.  I pegged my partner for a purple person based on her flickr favorites and blog but then her comments on some of the items that have already been made make me think maybe I have that wrong so I procrastinate with the best of them.  I will make the bag this week!


In the mean time I decided to work on my Complications quilt a little more.  I think I said before one of my favorite things and one of the worse things about that quilt is that it is really pushing me out of my comfort zone.  This quilt started as a quilt along but I didn't find it until long after that was over so I was able to see the finished quilt before starting.  I think I mentioned before that there is a lot of empty space in the quilt design which is open for interpretation.  I've been filling in those gaps in several ways from making extra blocks, to using postage stamp squares, to using larger squares of some of the larger prints in the fabrics.


All that to say as I was piecing some of those gaps this weekend I looked up and noticed my two completed swoon blocks.  Oh I love that quilt.  The great big blocks the Ruby fabrics.  Wait what... oh yeah my swoon quilt is made out of another Bonnie and Camille line.  So if I finish cutting the pieces for those blocks I can use the leftover pieces in my Complications quilt.  And so Complications went to the back burner and another Swoon block was made instead.  That's 3 down and 6 more blocks to go.  And a little bit of Ruby made it in the Complications quilt already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.