Sunday, December 5, 2010

Be Not Forgot


I was talking to my mom the other day about what I was going to do for my sister in law for Christmas and she reminded me about the wall hanging I started for her last year. Those of you who have been with me since I started blogging just over a year ago may remember that this was the very first project that I posted about. You can read about it here. Well I am happy to report that I got it back out of the work in progress box and it is now 98% done. All that's left is to hand sew the binding. Last year I was going to attempt to hand stitch around the applique pieces and I had only made it around 1 of the trees and it wasn't looking so great. Thanks to a bee mate who asked for appliqued blocks last month I got a little practice and with the help of my machine's guide I think I'm making progress. It isn't perfect by any means but it looks a lot better than my hand sewing. Not to mention it is a lot faster, which is good if you are like me trying to crank out Christmas gifts still. T minus 3 weeks and counting. Lucky for me I don't have to ship any of our gifts so I can work on them right up until Christmas Eve, Eve which is good because I have a feeling it's going to take me that long.



Especially when the list is growing instead of shrinking. Right now I have this fun variegated thread in my machine doing some quilting. It's another one of those projects I'm not ready to show just yet but after the holidays I should have lots of good stuff to share. At least that's the plan.

1 comment:

  1. I remember the wall hanging and I'm glad my block has given you the chance to use your machine for applique. So much faster. It feels great when another WIP gets finished.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.