Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Freshcuts and Love Notes

I've slowly been making progress on the Freshcuts Square Dance quilt top. I think it gets a little more wonky with each row that I add. I knew there was some discussion about this over in the flickr pool and I'm starting to think I am going to have to try out some of these backup techniques. Overall I am really happy with the way this one is looking. I had planned to make a pieced back for this one from the pieces of Freshcuts that with the help of my mom I have picked up here and there but now I'm thinking I might back it in a snuggly soft minky or flannel so I can have a little bit of spring in the middle of winter. I can't decide if I want to keep it light as a spring quilt or make it into a fall/winter quilt. What do you think?


In other news the hubbs scored some big brownie points this week when I pulled this sandwich, complete with love note from the fridge for my lunch box. Isn't that sweet. I had planned to post this earlier in the week but got busy, nothing new there. Since I already got called out by one of my west coast friends on flickr for working on bee blocks at 2am today be sure to check back later for another post with some finished bee blocks.

.

2 comments:

  1. It looks great, Greta! About backing, I don't know what to tell you. Personally, I prefer deep, rich colours for fall and winter, and this is so pretty and fresh it says spring to me. I think I would be inclined to keep it light, but I do understand the appeal of having something that reminds you of spring in the depths of winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA, love the sandwich note. That's so cute. Love your Freshcut quilt, too!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.