Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Spider Webs

In my very productive weekend I also managed to finished two sets of Spider Web Blocks for the Spider Web Bee. Whew no more blocks there until September, which of course I know is right around the corner. The first set was very similar to those we have been doing with the group. I used the Quiltville tutorial and used a paper base to construct the blocks.



For July we mixed things up a bit and used fabric foundations. These are the blocks my dad measured for me so all I had to do was sew. I think I like the fabric foundation a little better than the paper method. It seemed like the blocks didn't stretch as much and it was a lot easier to get the points in the middle to match nicely. I think if I ever make these blocks again after this bee (and that's a big IF after 12 months of them) that I will try this method again. I like that she picked slightly smaller blocks and I love the color combo. I'm not usually a big fan of purple (so please stop sending me the chain letters) but I do like the way this color pallet worked out.

1 comment:

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.