Wednesday, August 21, 2013

WIP Wednesday

There hasn't been a whole lot of sewing going on in these parts.  I really need to buckle down and finish up my projects for the two swaps I currently working on.  I still need to make a market tote for one and another small item for the other.  The weather here has been crazy-it feels like fall outside so I was happy for the chance to work with some more muted fall colors.  I whipped up this little fabric hoop.  I wasn't sold on it so I posted this photo to flickr to get some feedback.


Turns out my partner liked it so I added some trim to the top and sewed a line through the patchwork to divide it into two pockets.  Still working out the back.  I'm not exactly sure the best way to finish it off but I'll figure it out.

Still haven't worked on that mystery quilt.  I know procrastination isn't exactly a stranger around here.  But I did sew up these blocks for a Piece of Cake quilt top.  I took Camille's class on craftsy so I figured I might as well make the rest of the patterns.  I had already made most of my Swoon blocks before signing up.


This one is going to be a Christmas present for family.  My husband's step brother and his wife.  They are one of the cutest couples I know and since they are living in Boston I really wanted to make them a quilt.  I've been debating what to make since they moved almost a year ago and finally landed on this.  Anyone have any great suggestions for backing?  All I had was a layer cake of authentic and after searching the web I haven't had any luck finding anyone who still has it.

That's it for me this week.  Be sure to head over to Lee's and see what everyone else is up to.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely works in progress! Also, as a fellow Boston-dweller, I can assure you that the quilt will be well received! We need quilts 9 months out of the year up here :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.