Wednesday, August 7, 2013

WIP Wednesday

Somehow the weeks just keep speeding by and I feel like I have nothing to show you guys.  I took a little break from sewing this week to start to spruce up my sewing space.  Well I painted a shelf anyway.  I'm hoping that once it is hung I will have a place for some of my go to quilting books, precuts, and a few special treasures I like to keep in my space.  I'm also planning to hang some art on the walls-I have all of the tags from the precuts I have used in the past and I'm thinking a little shadow box or mosaic of them would be kind of cool.

So the shelf is actually a light aqua color-it's a little hard to tell in this bad iphone photo.  The color is Tropical Surf by Glidden just in case you wanted to know.  I was inspired to paint it light aqua by Camille's hutch.  She actually used a different color but when I was at the store I was afraid that shade would be too light and gray against my pale off white walls.  So I went with a color that had less grey and was a few shades darker.

In sewing news I did finish my Complications Quilt top.  Well maybe, it is done with the exception of the boarders which I decided to leave off.  Right now it is roughly 62 by 73.  I am thinking about adding a little more to two of the sides just to make it a little bigger.  What do you think?  Big enough for a lap quilt or does it need a little more?

The last tidbit of fun news here is that after a long search I finally found a bag of these chips.


I had been wanting to try them since the first commercial I saw.  Not a big fan but at least now I can stop looking for them in every store I walk into.

That's it for me this week.  Head on over the Lee's to see what everyone else is up to.

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow, that quilt top is beautiful! Is that something you came up with on your own?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.