Wednesday, June 26, 2013

WIP Wednesday-The One Without Sewing

I'm gearing up to leave town on Saturday for my annual work trip to the GFWC annual convention.  This year their convention is in Hollywood, FL so the only thing I know for sure is it will be HOT!  Between trying to get my desk cleared off at work and the chores done at home I really haven't had much time to sew so I am pretty well stalled on projects for the moment.

But I did join two groups on flickr this week that I'm pretty excited about.  The first is a Anna Marie Horner Charm Swap.  I think there is still room if you want to join in check out the group over here on flickr.  I love AMH fabrics and for a long time now have been thinking about making a simple patchwork quilt mixing up all of her fabrics.  Shockingly I haven't bought any of her most recent line, in fact I think Loulith was the last one I worked with but I am still loving my Loulith Tiles quilt.

1. Scrappy Storage, 2. Happy mail from yesterday. The most adorable fishy pins made by Christine & my spoonflower FQ!, 3. Happy Birthday Justine!, 4. Happy-Go-Lucky Quilt, 5. Sew sew modern, 6. Modernista Homemade Swap, 7. LBC sewing caddy 1, 8. Bunting, 9.Sew Sew Modern, 10. Feeling Stitchy, 11. hanging hoop wall pocket received!, 12. Sewing machine cover by Poppyprint, 13. Can you use this in your sewing room?14. Not available15. Not available16. Not available

The other group is a Sewing Room Swap.  I am pretty excited about this one because my sewing space is the one corner of the house where I don't have to compromise on the decorating.  So I plan on making it overly girly when I finally get it all set up.  I know we moved way back in December but I just haven't made the time to really get it organized.  But I have plans to repaint a shelf to hang above my sewing machine for some pre-cuts and maybe some cute artwork.  I've been scoping out some printable art on pintrest of late and have found a few super cute pieces but think I can make up a few of my own as well.  I'll be sure to share downloads here when I get them together.
I'm working on making this a shared printable.
But I still need to work out the kinks.
Let's consider this a sneak peak.

The good sewing news is that my trip to Florida means I should have time to work on my hexagon project.  Have any of you been to Hollywood?  I have some free time on Tuesday while I am down there and hope to check out at least one quilt store.  I won't have a car so a cab ride or public transit it will be but that's okay it's worth it for a quilt store, right?  I'd love to hear recommendations if anyone has some.

That's it for me this week.  Head over to Lee's to see what everyone else is up to.

1 comment:

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.