Wednesday, March 13, 2013

WIP Wednesday

How is it already Wednesday again?  Some weeks I think it takes forever to get here and other weeks it seems impossible that it is here already.  I took a little break from my complications quilt this week.  As much as I love that quilt and everything I am learning from it I just wasn't in the right head space this week to push through and invest what it takes.


I started working on Color Therapy instead.  Talk about intense.  That quilt is so many things all at once.  Right now I have put the breaks on it.  Maybe I will pick it back up but maybe not.  You can read more about it here.


I gave away my Central Rails quilt for Christmas to a friend who mentioned several times how much she liked it and who I knew was really wanting a quilt.  She is going through a divorce and I really wanted to give her something special that would be like a hug everyday in her new space.  Unfortunately for me that meant giving away one of my favorite quilts.  I love Central Rails because it is the one quilt I have finished as part of the Old Red Barn Quilt Along group.  I don't think in the time I have been quilting I have ever made a quilt more than once.  But I really wanted to remake this one so I started a new version with a Lucy's Crab Shack Jellyroll.  I made my Central Rails quilt with 2 jelly rolls to get the size I wanted so I need to order another one before I can finish this quilt but I am excited about having this quilt back in my life soon.

Be sure to head over to Lee's and see what everyone else is up to this week.

3 comments:

  1. Your complications quilt looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your rail quilt, it will look so good in Lucy's Crab Shack!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Lucy's Crab Shack, the rail quilt will look great in it. I've got a LCS quilt I need to finish up myself.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.