I haven't been doing too much sewing this week but I did make a little more progress on my complications quilt. I made several new blocks before adding on to the first part of the puzzle. There are a lot of things about this project that I like including the fact that it is forcing me to think out side of my normal box. When you make all of the blocks for this quilt there is still a lot of empty space left. In the original quilt that space was mostly filled in with small squares. I have used postage stamp squares in some cases but have also been trying out using some larger pieces as well to show off some of the larger prints in these fabrics. I have also made duplicates of a few blocks to take up some of the larger spaces. I'm still very much smitten with this quilt and for every frustration and complication that comes along I find something else to love about it too.
The next part of this quilt that I can put together has some strange angles so I am thinking about piecing another chunk of it before trying to attach it. This piece still needs about this same amount on the right hand side. Most of that space is blank in the original design so I am still trying to figure out exactly what I want to do in that space. You can find the original directions here. And see the quilt that inspired me to start this crazy project here.
Be sure to head over to Lee's to see what everyone else has been up to this week.