New projects seem to be like catnip around here. Like a kid who sees something shiny and gets distracted that has been my feeling lately. With so many of my quilty friends getting ready to head off to Quiltcon the online community has been pretty quiet. Typically this week I would be getting ready to go to the Mid Atlantic Quilt Show with my mom but for various reasons we aren't going to make it this year. I was feeling a little down and out about that so I started surfing around online. One of my friends told me about the Sew Sew Modern Swap that she had just finished up and how great it was. I haven't done a swap in a long time but on that particular day was feeling up to the challenge so I went over and signed up-not sure if I made it in yet or not but one of the rules is that you have to post a mosaic before you can join. So in looking through flickr and picking out favorites to include in my mosaic I came across this quilt. It stayed in my head for a couple of days and Friday I decided I had to make one of my own.
original directions are in German and google translator helped me navigate the basics but it still doesn't make complete sense so I am following along with the pictures the best I can. Of course then there is the conversion from centimeters to inches and unfortunately the math didn't transfer right on so I had to make some adjustments there as well. I'm still not sure it will all turn out right but I'm hopeful.