Monday, September 19, 2011

What are you making?

 
I had a lot of fun sewing together quilt tops this weekend to make into quilts for 100 Quilts for Kids.  I was lucky enough to have blocks from quilt bees and swaps to use to make up into three tops that I hope will make some child happy.  I love that these quilts are small enough I can quilt them on my own machine and that they will give me a chance to practice my quilting skills.  Most of my larger quilts (okay all of them) have been sent out to be quilted by a long arm quilter.  I've only done one or two myself on my home machine but I've been wanting to do some more.  This is a great project to use up some of those abandoned quilt blocks from projects that you just gave up on.  Or blocks from bees that you might have loved when you picked them out but now realize that your taste have changed.  No shame in that put all of that hard work into a gift a child will love.  Once these three quilts are quilted and finished I'm planning on trying to squeeze in at least one more.  See while I love these quilts they all say girl to me and I want to send along something sweet for a little boy too because little boys need soft cuddly quilts too.  So how about you?  What are you making?  I'd love to hear where you are planning to donate your quilts to as well since I am still trying to decide.  Don't forget apart from the joy I know all quilters feel from giving from their heart you can also win some great prizes.  Check out the information on 100 Quilts for Kids Here.

Momo Wonderland Story time Quilt.
Arkansas Crossroads Quilt.  Made from blocks received in the Modern Tradition Bee.
Made form Bento Blocks I received in a Swap.  Lots of great fabrics.


1 comment:

  1. So cute, Greta! I'm glad to see the Arkansas Crossroads blocks made up - they look great! I have a fun time making some of those for you - glad they will make a little person feel warm.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.