|Block # 103 Whirlwind|
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
The farmer and I aren't fighting much lately. In fact we haven't really seen that much of each other. Between a storm that was a brewing (Irene) a vacation with my real hubs and all the preparation that went into those two things I haven't been making much time for the farmer. I gave myself a pass for the last two weeks because I knew I had made extra blocks early on and that I wouldn't really fall behind if I allowed myself a break from the Farmer for a little while. I must admit I didn't plan to take two weeks off or that now approaching the third week I would have still only made one block within the last three weeks. And actually I made this block while Irene was gusting outside of my sewing room window before the power started to surge and I was afraid something awful would happen to Bertha.
This block was simple enough to make but I'm still unhappy with the way a few of my points line up. You know that feeling when you think that could be a little better but you take it apart and do it again and it's almost worse. Well every time I took this one apart (I lost track after the third time) it got a little more off than the time before so finally I decided to leave well enough alone for now. I still may go back and remake this one before putting the final quilt together. I'm not sure what blocks I want to work on next so I am hoping a little inspiration will strike me this week.