Sunday, September 18, 2011

Scrappy Goodness

I had planed to make up a back and quilt the Momo Quilt today but as luck would have it I didn't have enough fabric for that.  Don't you hate it when you lack like 3 inches of fabric to finish something up.  Well that was me this morning and of course since it is Sunday the quilt stores in my area are closed.  No worries, I can just run out at lunch tomorrow and pick up something.  So instead I decided that I would make up another little quilt to donate.

Right now this measures about 46 inches square.
I have a whole box of bee blocks from last year a long with a few blocks from swaps that are just sitting waiting to be made into quilts.  My husband made the comment the other day that we have a lot of quilts (that's a story for another day) so I thought really these bee blocks have been sitting and why not share the love.  So I pulled out the blocks from the Modern Tradition Bee and sewed up a few of them into this quilt top that is full of scrappy goodness.  There are so many amazing fabrics in the blocks.  Everything from Amy Butler to Heather Ross to Flea Market Fancy.

Smaller squares sent by bee members
Before you think I lost my mind, I started the morning with blocks that looked like this.  Each of the larger blocks is just four of these squares sewn together and in fact one of my bee members had even sent her four smaller squares back sewn into the one large block.  It made putting the quilt top together pretty easy.  I pieced one more of the larger blocks for the back.  Now I just need to find the right fabric to surround the larger square and then I can baste, quilt, and bind this little bit of scrappy goodness in time for 100 Quilts for Kids.  What are you working on this weekend?

So many fun fabrics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.