Saturday, March 19, 2011

101 Irons

So lately I have found myself with 101 irons in the fire.  What's one more, right?  Somewhere in the chaos that is my life I have been finding time to sew a little as well as plot more projects.  I now have a growing list of things I want to sew and a pile of fabrics to prove it.  Last weekend as I was waiting for tools and fabric to arrive for this list of projects I cut up a fat quarter bundle that I had no plans for (I usually only buy what I need for a project so having something sitting around without a plan was a bit odd).  I sewed these together following Ashley's tutorial and plan to just make a small baby quilt.  Since most of my quilts to date have been gifts I usually know exactly when something needs to be finished and who it is going to be for.  This quilt, not so much.  I am actually just making it because I want to practice my quilting.  In the end I will probably just donate it to the nonprofit where I work.

Last night I also got my postage stamp quilt back from my mom who had taken it to her long arm quilter for me.  Thanks again mom and dad!  This is just a little sneak peak but I promise a full reveal once the binding is stitched down.  This one I actually plan to keep which will mean that I can finally put away Red Square Envy and Figgy Pudding Scramble.  I know it's March and that Christmas quilts should have been long since put away but I have to have a quilt on the couch and since I don't currently have another finished quilt in the house I have been showing the Christmas quilts extra love.

Also currently in progress is the Twisted Fandango quilt.  I ordered a charm pack and the lil' twister tool to make a floating pinwheel boarder.  It took me a while to figure out how to sew the charms and the background fabric together to make this work but I think I got it.  Here is a peak at the first section which features just two pinwheels.



 And remember when I said with this many projects going one more is no big deal.  Well if you are looking for some inspiration check out some of the quilt alongs that are showing up.  I know that I will be doing at least one of these (probably more).

Check it out here.
Find out more here.



You can find more about this here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.