Friday, December 25, 2009

Sometimes you just have to admit defeat

That is how I have been feeling for the last few weeks. Christmas came to quickly this year and my good intentions of homemade holidays feel by the waist side in more than one case. I had picked out things early and had good intentions of finishing them all but well if we are being honest here I am a procrastinator and I tend to bite off more than I can chew. And in my craft ADD, life's daily responsibilities, and some recent bouts of bad health in the Boyd home and you have the perfect equation for not everything is going to get done around here. And that is when all of the sudden you look around and you realize that sometimes you just have to admit defeat. So in the end everyone still received a Christmas present they just weren't all homemade by me. Peppermint Pines for example with be my SIL's Christmas present in 2010. It is so close to being done but there are only so many hours in a day. I did however manage to fit in home made gifts for my mom and mother in law and I learned a very important lesson. The smart people start shopping for the next Christmas the day after, the even smarter people start crafting for the next Christmas the same day. With that said I am off to drool over the pictures in my brand new copy of Material Obsession and learn to use my new walking foot. What a lucky girl I am.

1 comment:

  1. you are SO right and isn't it great you are now part of the smart people? mind you... I have been for years but still... somehow all these good intentions come to nothing... Let's make a good new years resolution together to this year REALLY do it!! (I am going to finish my christmas quilt in January... ready for next year!!)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.