Saturday, December 5, 2009

My Favorite Things

So this week I have been sidelined by a variety of things but the largest of them being an incredible migraine that I just couldn't seem to shake. I am hoping to have at least something finished up in time to post about tomorrow but to be honest I have spent most of my free time this week (when I wasn't sleeping or trying to lay completely still in the dark quiet of my closet) surfing blogland to look at all of the amazing giveaways for Sew Mama Sew's giveaway day. What you didn't know. Well if you hurry there is still a little time. Most of the drawings end at midnight on Sunday.Other than that I have been following the quilt along on flicker over at Old Red Barn Quilt Along. Okay I will be honest I haven't actually made any of these quilts but this group is so amazing and they have great inspiration and ideas. I do actually plan to go back and make all of the quilts just not until after Christmas. In the mean time I still enjoy watching every one's progress and seeing what is going on with a few of the ladies. This being said I saw a post for a Secret Santa in the threads the other day and I thought what a great idea. This would be an amazing way to send a little pick me up to someone and in return make a new blog friend. Well I am super excited about the person who's name I received because she is a new quilter like myself and we have participated in a few of the same things along the way. So I have been reading her blog for a while and I am excited to pack up a few goodies and send them off to her this week. Just a few things I want to finish up first, like that first batch of Peppermint Bark for the season.

Okay so I have rambled away and realized that I called this post my favorite things for a reason. It occurred to me that since I have a new blog and not very many pictures in my flickr stream it might be hard for my person to really get a sense of who I am as a quilter, crafter, and person. So I thought I would share a little bit about ME :)

My favorite color is ORANGE it always has been which in high school and college led to me owning an orange blanket, trashcan, clock, and well just about anything for my dorm room in orange. I'm also a huge fan of the color pink. So lets just say with all of the new fabric lines coming out I am in orange and pink heaven. I mean have you seen this, this, and even this?
I also HEART Polka Dots. Anything with Polka Dots.

I was always a cat person until I got married and we HAD to have dogs. Now I love my Boston Terrier and English Bulldog to death. I wouldn't trade them for the best cat in the world. Now don't get me wrong I still like cats but visiting my mom's two every once in a while works for me.

I am a pretty laid back person so I'm not picky about most things. Except my food. All the moms are going to cringe when I say this but I HATE veggies. Yup, pretty much all of them. I did recently discover that I like Lima beans but my husband tells me they don't really count as a green veggie so I guess I am still out of luck.

I don't drink coffee but I LOVE hot cocoa. I have been seeing a lot in blogs lately about homemade marshmallows. Say it isn't so. I have got to get on google and track down how this is done. Then again I might just get myself in trouble.

So this is just a little glimpse of me but I hope it helps my Secret Santa partner know just a little bit. And please don't tell the gang I haven't made any of the quilts yet, I don't know what I would do if they kicked me out.

3 comments:

  1. This is fun. I realized that I was basically writing a blog post in your comments so I'm going to do a get to know me on my blog in response. You and I have SO much in common.

    Also why did I click the links to those fabric lines? I hadn't seen two of the three. So now I'm crushing on those. Love this one for pinks and oranges too - http://www.fabricworm.com/sandihenderson1.html

    I love how cute your dogs look laying with their heads together. Aren't smooshy faces the best?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I am new to the Old Red Barn Co. Quilt-Along and I saw your blog link over there. I have a new blog, too (Well, I started last year. And re-started this year. lol.) So, I thought I'd come over and say "hello". I love the fabrics you linked to. My current quilt with the group is using alot of pinks. I like bright happy colors!! I am working on the log cabin blocks - slightly wonky. Which one are you planning to start with?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greta -- you won the giveaway on my blog! I sent you an email -- from rachelfix(at)gmail(dot)com -- if you could just respond and give me your mailing address, I'll pop the apron and napkins in the mail to you right away.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.