I made up the first block on Sunday after once again replacing my iron. My old one spit rust or something on my fabric and stained it. Luckily I had just enough to cut around those spots but I knew that was the final straw. In an attempt to make this one last a little longer I also bought a jug of distilled water. Has anyone had any luck with that?
I managed to squeeze in two blocks yesterday. The first one I made up and posted to Instagram. When I looked at the photo again I was a little disheartened to see that the print in my leaves were running in two different directions. It was driving me a little crazy so I made some new leaves and took the block apart to fix it.
I was also lucky enough to snag a spot in the I heart B&C Sample Bee. I'm in hive 3 with some other wonderful ladies. I can't wait to see what blocks everyone makes. One of my favorite things about Camille's original sampler is that she used some little blocks mixed in to fill the space between some of the larger blocks. So to get started I made 2 sets of baby pinwheels. These will finish at 4 inches each. Not super tiny but I think it will be a good filler.
That's it for me this week. Head on over to Lee's and see what everyone else is up to.