Wednesday, August 27, 2014

WIP Wednesday

It seems like another week has flown by.  I finished up the custom baby quilt on Sunday and boy was I glad to have that off my plate.  Working on a project you don't like and then knowing the person isn't really going to appreciate it sure makes it no fun.  I'm glad to have that one done and off to Sarah to work a little crinkle magic on.  Once that was done I started thinking about what to work on next.  I landed on my Flower Girl Quilt Kit.

I made up the first block on Sunday after once again replacing my iron.  My old one spit rust or something on my fabric and stained it.  Luckily I had just enough to cut around those spots but I knew that was the final straw.  In an attempt to make this one last a little longer I also bought a jug of distilled water.  Has anyone had any luck with that?

I managed to squeeze in two blocks yesterday.  The first one I made up and posted to Instagram.  When I looked at the photo again I was a little disheartened to see that the print in my leaves were running in two different directions.  It was driving me a little crazy so I made some new leaves and took the block apart to fix it.


I was also lucky enough to snag a spot in the I heart B&C Sample Bee.  I'm in hive 3 with some other wonderful ladies.  I can't wait to see what blocks everyone makes.  One of my favorite things about Camille's original sampler is that she used some little blocks mixed in to fill the space between some of the larger blocks.  So to get started I made 2 sets of baby pinwheels.  These will finish at 4 inches each.  Not super tiny but I think it will be a good filler.


That's it for me this week.  Head on over to Lee's and see what everyone else is up to.

2 comments:

  1. My only thought on the iron thing is to not use water in it - use a spray bottle instead when you need/want to steam something.
    I have only used tap water in my iron and I usually do have water in it, though I do sometimes run it empty. If my iron does funky things, it would be out the door to and I would do the spray bottle thing. Just a thought.

    Like your blocks by the way!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.