Friday, August 8, 2014

Nordika Star Blossoms (Finish It Up Friday)


I have actually had this quilt finished for 2 weeks now and had hoped to get some better photos before writing this post.  But it has been raining here every day by the time I get off work and on weekends so these photos will have to do.


I'm super excited to have this one done.  I had planned to move fairly slow with this one but the big blocks went together very quickly and then I found the backing fabric on sale for 43% off on a trip with my parents.  Normally it still would have sat but after entering it in a drawing for free quilting with Sara of Crinklelove and not winning she offered 20% off on any quilt that was entered and that was motivation enough for me to go ahead and send it.

For the binding I used the orange printed solid from the Scrumptious line by Bonnie and Camille.  I hadn't planned to do that but when I was laying out my goodies from a mini shop hop my mom and I went on I saw how well they played together and orange is my favorite color after all.


Quilt Stats:
83 by 83
Pattern: Snow Blossoms
Fabric: Nordika
Pieced by: Me
Quilted by: Sara @ Crinklelove

Check out what everyone else is finishing up this Friday over at AmandaJean's.

4 comments:

  1. Great idea to make use of that offer - it is great to have a finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did a beautiful job...LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orange is always a nice surprise in a quilt - looks great, well done!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.