Wednesday, December 11, 2013

WIP Wednesday (Still working on Homemade Holidays)

The progress in these parts has been a little slow this week.  A killer migraine due to the weather here had me down and out most of this past weekend.  I guess that's what happens when it goes from 80 degrees to 40 degrees in the span of a day.  We didn't get any of that beautiful snow some of you saw just a bunch of rain.  When I have been sewing it's been slow going.


I did manage to finish up these pincushions.  One is for my SIL and the other is for my mom.  She asked for a pincushion and since she already saw this on Instagram it isn't a surprise anymore.  The yellow one was for practice but I made it in yellow just in case it turned out alright so she could add it to her collection but my SIL is the one who like owls.  I followed this tutorial pretty loosely.


I also started working on quilting the table topper for my SIL.  I'm having a little bit of difficulties deciding what to do next.  I didn't want to use the darker red thread on the light parts on the top but since the back is all the solid red I don't want to use a light color thread on the back.  Anyone have any ideas?  Like I said before one of my biggest regrets with my mom's table topper was that I didn't think it was quilted enough.

Last but not least-this has nothing to do with quilting but I also made some apple pie infused bourbon for Christmas gifts this year.  It was super easy and I'm hoping it will be a hit with the husbands family.  I wanted them to have some ideas for drinks they could make with this so I found a few cocktail recipe-of course they needed to be prettied up.  I used picmonkey to make these little cards.  A friend let me test drive her pro account and I have to say I think the $33 dollar annual fee might be well worth it.  I've added it to my holiday wish list for sure.


So that's it for me.  Is everyone else as knee deep in holiday projects as I am?  Be sure to head over to Lee's to see what everyone else is up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.