Wednesday, May 29, 2013

WIP Wednesday

I worked on a lot of different projects this week based on my location.  So while I didn't make a significant amount of progress on any one thing I made small progress on several things.  I baked a yummy cake for the holiday and spent a lot of time not doing sewing related things so I don't have a ton to share.


The first project I worked on I talked about on Monday and you can read more about that here.  I really do enjoy pulling this project out every once in a while and passing the time sewing all of those hexagons together.  Plus it is a great conversation starter, I got to talk to a great lady at my meeting on Friday who was working on a Grandmother's Flower Garden Quilt as well.


When I got home I gave myself permission to change the way I was working on my Complications Quilt and once I allowed myself to change the blocks up I made a lot of good progress.  I have two more blocks to make and then it will just be about joining all of the pieces together.  I am still working through how I will go about doing that.  I am thinking maybe I will create a few more smaller blocks that will allow me to fill in some of the empty spaces.


That's it for me this week.  Be sure to head over to Lee's and see what everyone else is up to this week.

6 comments:

  1. Interested to see how you finish the Complications Quilt. I like the look of mixing different size blocks together. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, love your Marmalade blocks!! That is one of my favorite fabric lines and I think you're really showing it off!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt blocks are just darling! You've done an awesome job with the color placement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the complications quilt...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt blocks are so charming. I love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fabric choices, keen to see complications quilt finished

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.