Wednesday, September 24, 2014

WIP Wednesday

I don't know if I've ever been more happy that a Wednesday has come up on me so fast-but with a new niece scheduled to be born tomorrow I am already counting down the hours to Thursday.  I can't wait to meet her.

I haven't done a whole lot of sewing even though I had a sewing date last Thursday and then spent lots of time sewing on Friday after work.  But since then the sewing room has been pretty quite.  I blame it on the return of cable television this week.  I did however manage to make some progress on the Jelly Bean Quilt.  I'm a little over half way done piecing the top.  The further I get on this one the more I like it.  It's outside of my normal color zone but it's been enjoyable to have a little something different to work on.


I also made my first round of blocks for the #iheartbandcsamplequiltbee over on Instagram.  This quilt was inspired by Camille's orphan block quilt.  We were all assigned to hives and each month we are making blocks for two other bee members.  My plan for now is to make at least three blocks each month so that I will have one for my own quilt as well.  I'm hoping to make this one nice and big.  Hopefully even queen sized for the guest bed.  Which is conveniently located in my sewing space.


That's it for me this week.  Head on over to Lee's and see what everyone else is up to.

1 comment:

  1. The jelly-bean quilt is a fun pattern! I hadn't seen it before and really like it. Congrats on the niece, as well!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.