Wednesday, July 9, 2014

WIP Wednesday

Happy Wednesday!  It's been a little difficult to get back in the swing of things this week after having a nice long weekend.  As we were expecting hurricane Aurthur here on Friday the picnic I had planned to attend and lots of local fireworks were canceled.  But that just meant I had more time to sew.  First up I tackled the Pips Quilts.  I added a few more rows to the large one and then a made a matching baby quilt with some of the more subtle colors from the line.


This one is getting a 4 inch boarder all the way around to bring it up to 42 by 37 1/2.  The larger version ended up at 69 1/2 by 71.  Nice and roomy should mom and baby just want to share.


After that because I can't seem to focus on just one project and because the 12 I currently have in progress just didn't seem like enough I started something new.  This is the Swell pattern from Camille's second book.  Still plugging away on that challenge to make all of her patterns.  I had two Moda Candy Bars of City Weekends plus 1/2 a charm pack and some scraps that I commandeered from my mom-leftovers from a baby tumbler quilt she made.  I only have enough fabric for a 3 by 3 layout which will end up somewhere around 36 by 36 and I have a yard I picked up in the great destash over on instagram for a boarder.  I'm thinking it will be just enough for a baby quilt or table topper and I'm good with that.


I am using the white and yellow polka dot from the line in place of a solid.  I have to admit since venturing out from my typical solid snow first with the pale green, then bright orange, and now with a print of all things it feels good.  I'm not planning on breaking up with snow anytime soon but it is good to have some variety.


That's it for me this week.  Head on over to Lee's and see what everyone else is up to.  And if you are on Instagram be sure to check out the Auction @quiltingfairy is hosting on Friday.  There are lots of hard to find fabrics & homemade items to be had and the proceeds are going to help a member of our quilting community after the loss of her mother in law.

1 comment:

  1. Loving the yellow as your background color in your Swell quilt! Very cheerful and sunny.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.