Sunday, August 5, 2012

Crazy Town

So I feel like I have been living in crazy town lately.  I haven't been spending much time sewing so I haven't had a lot of things to share here as of late.  I've been reading more and more post from friends saying they haven't felt much like sewing lately and that they are taking a break.  I totally understand that sentiment.  I did get a chance to catch up on my traveling quilts this weekend.


 First I had this masterpiece.  My original plan was to applique flowers into the corners.  But those ribbons and leaves closer to the middle are paper pieced.  No way could I add raw edge applique to this thing.  I struggled a lot to find something I liked.  Finally settling on a border from quilters cache called entwined.  WOW did I way underestimate how much time this would take.  I can't even begin to think what it would have been like if I had gone all the way around with the intricate piecing.  In the end I opted not to because the measurements were off a bit and I couldn't get my limited math skills to cooperate with me.  So I made the background and the rail that the ribbon was entwined around go all the way around and placed the ribbon in opposite corners.


I did a ton of seam ripping on this bad boy.  I made many of the pieces upside down not once or twice but too many to count.  It seems silly now but I kept looking at the piece I had done and not thinking that I needed to make the mirror image of it for the other side.



Next up I worked on this quilt which is super scrappy.  It is HUGE already and measures close to queen size.  So I went with a very simple scrappy border.  I got a lot of great fabrics mixed in there.  Sorry I didn't get a better photo but it is already boxed up and off to its last stop in the traveling quilt group.  I have one more quilt left to work on and then this group will be complete.  I am planning on taking a break from flickr after this.  Life has just gotten a little crazy and I hate feeling like I am letting people down because they are waiting for me.  And seeing all of the new groups and quilt alongs can be a little maddening sometimes because it turns into inspiration overload.  So I think a break will be good for me so I can get on the train out of crazy town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.