Sunday, November 22, 2009

Hexagon Love

I have crafting ADD. This is a trait that I am pretty sure my mom knows about since she raised me after all. But what does she do but email me a whole bunch of pretty links to look at. Now most of them I had seen before because they were on blogs I follow on a daily basis. I'm a little bit crazy about my blog reading but it keeps me inspired. Maybe a little to inspired sometimes. Sunday's are usually extra busy days for me since I am always finishing up homework from the week (I'm working on my MBA) but today I finished up amazingly early so when I should have been finishing piecing my Peppermint Pines wall hanging I took a quick time out to piece the front of a table topper. The tutorial was found here. Thanks mom!


The fabric is mostly Riley Blake with one Michael Miller tucked in there. The tutorial suggest backing it with flannel but since I don't have any on hand I think I will just use one of the fabrics from the front and a small piece of batting. I plan to just quilt it by stitching in the ditch along the lines. I have to say this was a really easy process and the top only took me about an hour to put together. If you need any last minute Holiday gifts this is a great idea. The only problem I encountered was the middle seems a little bunchy to me but there are a lot of seams right there and it is hard to iron it flat. I think once I quilt along the lines it will be fine, but if any of you have ideas I am open to suggestions. Now that I am done being distracted I better get back to finishing up those Christmas gifts that are in my work in progress pile. The tree goes up on Friday after all and I always like to have a few things wrapped and under the tree right away.



The snow man print is a bright pink. To me it looks like it photographed a little more on the red side. Maybe I will get a good outdoor shot once it is quilted and bound where the colors are a little more true.

1 comment:

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.